Help with Mobile Data
Help with mobile data, O2 and Vodafone added to Government Scheme
The DfE announced today that Vodafone and O2 have been added to the mobile data scheme to help parents with the cost of mobile data.
This scheme is open to children who:
- don’t have access to a
- cannot afford the additional data needed to access educational resources or social care services
- have access to a mobile device that uses a participating network
- are facing disruption to their face-to-face education, or have been advised not to attend school
To request extra mobile data, we need to collect the following information:
- account holder’s name
- mobile number (a number beginning with ‘07’)
- mobile network
- contract type, pay monthly or pay as you go
The data you will get depends on your mobile network. For example, some networks can’t offer data to Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) customers.
Network providers taking part in this scheme are:
- Sky Mobile
- Tesco Mobile
- Virgin Mobile
Any additional data you receive can be used when tethering a mobile phone to another device for internet access e.g. a laptop.
If you think you are eligible for this offer, please send an email to the school office with the details requested above together with your child's name and class to email@example.com by at 9am. We need to collect these details to arrange the increase in data with the relevant mobile network.