Pabulum provides the catering at Blair Peach Primary School. Our menus are compliant with The School Food Plan and over 94% of our dishes are freshly prepared from unprocessed ingredients by our professional chefs.
Available every day and made fresh in our kitchen we offer:
- A choice of non-halal meat/halal meat/fish or vegetarian main meal
- Unlimited salad bar with eight delicious choices
- Jacket potato or pasta
- Two choices of unlimited freshly baked wholemeal bread
- Homemade dessert
- Fresh mixed fruit platter
- Homemade yoghurt or mousse
To help both children, parents and carers plan meal times in advance we provide a ‘rhythm’ to our menus:
- Monday – Vegetarian main meal
- Tuesday – Halal Main meal
- Wednesday – Non-halal main meal with a vegetarian option
- Thursday – Vegetarian main meal
- Friday – Fish & Chips (vegetarian option available)
The Pabulum dining experience gives every child time to enjoy our fresh food offer, whilst encouraging children to try delicious new dishes and rewarding them with a Healthy Bunch sticker or certificate.
Pabulum goes beyond the fresh food dining experience; our initiatives engage and inspire to help develop a deeper appreciation of food through parents evenings, playground taster sessions, food assemblies and cookery demonstrations.
Your current school menu, along with allergens, can be found on Pabulum’s website. Please click on the following link: Blair Peach Primary School Lunch Menu (Allergens listed)
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for Universal Infant Free School Meals.
We would love to hear your feedback, please contact:
Special Dietary Requirements
If your child has a medically prescribed dietary requirement (eg food allergies, food intolerances, Type 1 Diabetes), please find attached a Special Dietary Requirements form to complete and return to the school office.
If you have any queries regarding special dietary requirements please email Pabulum on: email@example.com and they will aim to help you.
Free School Meals Entitlement
Please note the following list as a guideline for parents who may be able to apply for free school meals for their children. If you are affected by any of the following benefits/allowances, we would strongly encourage you to apply:
- Income Support (IS)
- Job Seekers Allowance Income Based (JSAIB)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
- Child tax credit provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income, as assessed by His Majesty's Revenue and Customs that does not exceed £16,190.00
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you would like to find out if you are entitled to receive free school meals for your child, please speak to a member of staff in the school office. We are now able to check from the school to see if your child is eligible to receive free school meals, all we need is the information listed below.
- Child’s name, class and date of birth
- Name of parent who is claiming the benefit, date of birth, address, mobile telephone number, list of benefits and National Insurance Number
Please note that schools rely heavily on funding from the government and a significant amount is dependent on the number of children in our school who are entitled to receive free school meals. For each child who is eligible for free school meals, the school will receive a total of £1,385 for the academic year. Please apply even if your child at present prefers to have a packed lunch.
To check that your child is eligible for free school meals and to apply online please click on the following link Apply for Free School Meals