Coronavirus Advice and Information
12th March 2020 Letter to Parents
We have seen the spread of Coronavirus around the world and all schools will be reminding pupils and staff of good basic hygiene which helps to reduce spread and transmission of all viruses. Please do remind your children of the importance of proper hand washing, covering sneezes and coughs and using tissues at all times.
The School is following the guidance received from Ealing Council and are checking updates regularly.
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- wash your hands often - with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based santiser if soap or water aren't available.
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- if you feel unwell, stay at home and don't attend work or school.
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
If you are worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 - DO NOT GO directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
See further information on the Public Health England Blog and the NHS UK website:
Department for Education Coronavirus Helpline
The Department for Education coronavirus helpline is now available to answer questions about COVID-19 relating to education and children’s social care. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
In the event of any school closure please note that we will notify you via text messages and email so please ensure your contact details are updated with the school office. We are preparing resources that you will be able to access on our school website so that pupils can continue with their learning.
Please click on the link below to access a NHS video showing the most effective way of washing your hands: